Pictured: Baltimore County Bureau of Solid Waste Management team wins 2019 Outstanding Government Leadership Award for its Clean Green Baltimore County Social Media Program.
Do you know someone who is a committed recycler? Do you belong to an organization, government agency, or business that has demonstrated leadership in waste reduction and/or recycling? Do you have a marketing plan for increasing recycling that is outstanding? Do you know of a recycling program that is extraordinary?
The Maryland Recycling Network Awards honor those individuals and organizations that exemplify our mission to promote sustainable reduction, reuse and recycling (the 3 “R’s”) in Maryland. Join us in honoring those individuals and organizations that help move our mission forward.
*Awards for 2020 will be presented at the MRN/SWANA-MA Conference on Friday, October 2 (NEW DATE) at the BWI Marriott in Linthicum Heights, MD. Submission deadline is Tuesday, September 15.
The Dwight Copenhaver Recycler of the Year Award
(Please address the following in the order given)
- Professional and personal history of the person,
- Contributions the individual has made to recycling over the past year,
- Reasons why the individual should be considered for this award with regards to commitment, leadership and recent and past contributions.
Outstanding Corporate Leadership Award
Any industry, business or corporation that has demonstrated outstanding leadership in waste reduction and/or recycling efforts in Maryland over the past year.
Outstanding Government Leadership Award
Local, state or federal government entities will be considered for this award based on their efforts with advocating, implementing, operating, or otherwise promoting waste reduction and/or recycling in Maryland over the past year.
Outstanding Small Government Program Award
Local government entities, municipalities and small counties will be considered for this award based on their efforts with advocating, implementing, operating or otherwise promoting waste reduction and/or recycling in Maryland over the past year.
Outstanding Environmental and Community Leadership Award
This award will be presented to an environmental, civic, community or institution (school) that has exhibited outstanding leadership in recycling and/or waste reduction through advocacy, education, promotion or operations.
Best Market Development Program Award
Any business, industry, government, civic or environmental organization that has implemented a market development program for recyclable materials will be considered for this award. Also included for this category are Buy-Recycled programs.
Extraordinary Achievement Award
This award is meant to recognize those programs that have contributed to recycling in Maryland through extraordinary creativity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, determination and other means.
How To Enter
- Complete the awards entry form online,
- Provide a description of program or individual (see below),
- Provide any supporting materials.
You may also email or fax the materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-238-4579. Deadline is by Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
Description of program/organization/person
Description of program/organization/person being nominated for an award must address as applicable all the issues listed below. Descriptions should be no more than three pages in length. Attach any supporting materials such as press clippings, other awards, or additional written materials.
- Provide a brief description of the program.
- What portion of the population is served by the program (size and sector)?
- How long has the program been operating?
- How much waste diversion or market development has resulted from the program?
- What is the project’s annual budget?
- How is the program funded and is the program financially self-sustaining?
- How will the program continue in the future?
- Has the program sparked other programs like it elsewhere?
Applications will be reviewed on the basis of the criteria listed by an independent Awards Committee established by the Maryland Recycling Network Board of Directors.