America Recycles Day Update
Recycles Day - November 15 took another step in the ongoing effort to build awareness and improve recycling in the U.S. Here are some highlights:
November 15, President Obama issued an official presidential proclamation
for America Recycles Day
- #AmericaRecyclesDay Reach: 3.3 million Twitter
accounts and 5.6 million impressions Nov. 11-17
- Facebook Reach (ARD and KAB pages): 326,000
Carper tweeted this YouTube video about America Recycles Day and
committing to recycling.
Administrator Gina McCarthy quoted President Obama on Facebook: "On
America Recycles Day, "let us strive to make recycling part of our daily
You can help America Recycles Day last all year by taking the Recycling at Work Pledge. This pledge focuses on
- Increasing employee awareness of the
availability of recyclable services and benefits of recycling in our offices
and other facilities;
- Making recycling more convenient to
enable greater participation in recycling at our workplace;
- Identifying cost-effective
opportunities to incorporate consideration of end of life recyclability and
increased recycled content into the products we purchase;
- Reporting on our progress each year
through the Recycling at Work online reporting system; and
- Inviting at least one other
organization to take the Pledge.
here for more details on Recycling at Work.
2014 Annual Conference Call for Presentations
Do you have…
- a compelling story to tell?
- a new concept to share?
- an issue or idea you would like to
learn more about?
- a recycling or solid waste management
problem you need to solve?
- a speaker from whom you would really
like to hear?
so, please let us know by reply to this email.
We’re working on the program for the MRN/SWANA Mid-Atlantic 2014 Annual
Conference and we want to be sure we offer sessions on the topics you want to
hear about or share.
Landfill Harmonic- The world sends us garbage... We send back music!
College Park Recycling Program